General Maintenance

Mileage: 255,634

Today my MR2 got a much needed oil and transmission fluid change.  I had noticed that going into gear was grinding, sometimes.  Gear shifts now feel smooth once again after the fluid change.  I had been at least a month since I driven her, you kinda forget how much fun it is.

[pe2-image src=”http://lh3.ggpht.com/-yeXuk9bvkrs/UyWdZ0bGAEI/AAAAAAAAhqU/YKiWqkXXaek/s144-c-o/1891065_10203362616735744_251574250_n.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/115896534837341199586/20vMKI#5991367946180886594″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”1891065_10203362616735744_251574250_n.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w640″ ]

[pe2-image src=”http://lh6.ggpht.com/-gRBqvqPbY_4/UyWdZ6551bI/AAAAAAAAhqU/kDSxZ6ty3vo/s144-c-o/10014946_10203363026865997_1946049361_n.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/115896534837341199586/20vMKI#5991367947920725426″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”10014946_10203363026865997_1946049361_n.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w640″ ]

Lakeland Meet

[pe2-image src=”http://lh4.ggpht.com/-Gv-mRU_F3EU/UrDv8SYeC5I/AAAAAAAAhSg/o4rEnpAy89Q/s144-c-o/20vmki.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/115896534837341199586/20vMKI#5958526126016826258″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”20vmki.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w640″ ]

 We had a great meet at a Lakeland park last weekend.  There was a great turn out, good food, and good company to be had.  Also I fixed my leak, ends up one of my hose clamps had come loose on a coolant line…fixed!

Leaks

Not much has been going on with my MR2 recently, she’s been taking me to work and back with no issue. Recently I noticed a small puddle under the car when pulling it out of the garage.  It looks like I have an oil leak, maybe from between the head and block, also some kind of fluid was coming out from in between the engine and transmisison, not cool.

[pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-IDktVPHWG4I/UpPbNLZdMsI/AAAAAAAAhIc/r7spoNoqr7Q/s144-c-o/IMG_20131125_180239.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/115896534837341199586/20vMKI#5950340552130900674″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”IMG_20131125_180239.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w640″ ] [pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-eHjRQlpXa9Y/UpPbQNxhUDI/AAAAAAAAhIs/WsQGLfNTdJw/s144-c-o/IMG_20131125_175952.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/115896534837341199586/20vMKI#5950340604308312114″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”IMG_20131125_175952.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w640″ ] [pe2-image src=”http://lh3.ggpht.com/-5_puOmtWN4A/UpPbUchG0KI/AAAAAAAAhIE/eWCMYqFdiS0/s144-c-o/IMG_20131125_180428.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/115896534837341199586/20vMKI#5950340676985475234″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”IMG_20131125_180428.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w640″ ] [pe2-image src=”http://lh6.ggpht.com/-H7ghPWCGmrU/UpPbYnYoAQI/AAAAAAAAhIM/ML8Rd9pDaM4/s144-c-o/IMG_20131125_180537.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/115896534837341199586/20vMKI#5950340748622168322″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”IMG_20131125_180537.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w640″ ]

Coolant System Overhaul

Since the last update I overhauled my cooling system by replacing my cut up hose pieces with some silicone 90s, a 45, and straight. I also bought a “beader” for my aluminum pipes, to help make a better seal. I finished it off with t-bolt clamps to not cut into the silicone.

ITB Intake

Next project is going to be a filter setup for the ITBs that allows me to use the T3 velocity stacks I’ve had sitting around since 2005. My current K&N filters are not the right size for the stacks.

The filter and plate showed up today based on input in burdickjp’s thread and a quick test fit showed everything should fit nicely even with the new strut bar. I also took a shot of the stack in the filter, Pipercross suggests at least 19mm from the stack to the filter, got that covered.

Got the stacks and filter installed today!

For reference I ordered the C604D filter and C6006 blank plate. I hope to get the holes cut tomorrow at work for the throttle bodies and mounting screws.

Major Progress

Since the last post I purchased another C-160 transmission, got it modded, and mated up to the motor.  I was able to repair the wheel bearing and that seems to be working well.  I also dropped the gas tank, checked that it was clean inside, and re installed it.  The motor is now installed and the car runs.  Today I got the tags registered and I can drive it on the road.  For pictures of the progress click on the “repair photos” link to the right.